Monday, January 28, 2008

Day 1-2 (they kind of melded together in my mind...)

Hi everyone! I arrived safe and sound.... overall, flights were good, but the last one was very very turbulant. I didn't sleep much on the plane, so I am currently running on about 40 minutes of sleep in 27 1/2 hours :-) Yay!

The airlines lost my bag. I'm mad. But they gave me a nice little bag of stuff to make up for it (picture to come soon). It included a t-shirt (XXL), toothbrush/paste, lotion, razor, socks, and many more random items. It was nice of them, though.

We are checked into our hotel and then took a hike up Mount Philippou (spelling??) to see the Akropolis. It was rainy and cold, and not very much fun. But it was sweet and pretty amazing to be 1/3 of the way around the globe from home!!

I'm rooming with Alicia Peterson for the first three weeks so that will be really fun. I don't know her too well yet, but she's really nice! :-)

That's all from here for now. I am exhausted, but am going to try and stay up as late as I possibly can just to get used to the time difference quicker.

Take care, and remember that if you have Skype, find me! My name is emily.meyer13!

-Em

No comments: